A basic colour assortment of 8 x 35ml tubes of NORMA Professional Oil Colour.
Set contains one each of 35ml: Titanium White, Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Red Mix, Madder Red, Prussian Blue, Chromium Oxide Green, Raw Light Ochre, Ivory Black.
NORMA Professional Oil colour consists of 84 brilliant, modern colours, including 27 highly transparent colours and exclusive special colours. Norma Professional offers artists many unique features:
- An exceptionally modern colour range using unique modern pigments
- Genuine traditional earth pigments (Sienna & Umber) in Series 1
- Over half the colours are single pigment colours for cleanest mixing results
- Uniform drying across the colour range due to different combinations of plant oils (in other brands drying time varies between colours)
- Slightly faster drying time (about 20% faster than normal, due to special combinations of plant oils)
- Colours are ripened for up to 3 months to remove excess oil
- All colours have maximum lightfastness
- Produced in Germany with consideration for Health & the Environment.
The resulting paint is a soft, smooth oil colour manufactured to be used straight from the tube - easily spreadable so there's no need to use a lot of medium.
Schmincke began at the end of the 19th Century, when the colour chemists Josef Horadam and Hermann Schmincke saw an opportunity to provide the artists of the day with a truly superior artists oil, and so set out to Italy where traditional studio painting was still taught, in search of the nearly forgotten resin oil formulations.
In 1881, at the Academy of Fine Art in Florence, they secured the precision formulations of the Professor Cesare Mussini, a guardian of the old masters techniques, and on these formulations, the two founded their manufacturing establishment under the name H.Schmincke and Co.
In subsequent years, artists’ colours to suit all techniques were introduced, such as Josef Horadam’s patent watercolours of 1892. Through the entire 20th century, every generation of owner has lead the company to its current position as one of the worlds leading manufacturers of finest artists’ colour.